Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Thanks to Susie QT pies "Scraps of Life" blog, I found two things I love...Brownies and Luck.
I always joke to people that I have pretty good luck. Not to jinx myself, but I truly believe thinking positive and believing things will come true, will make it just that...or maybe it's just the fact that things I found to be lucky ... dancing on stage with Britney Spears, winning a Kodak camera from SocialiteLife Magazine, a barbie car when I was 8 is because I love entering contests. (Just to name a few). I guess the saying "the more times you enter, better your chances in winning" is true.
No matter what though, enjoy this annual holiday and believe that anything is possible. Who knows, maybe that pot of gold is on the other side of the rainbow...
Or if not, enjoy these brownies instead.
Lucky St. Patrick's Day Brownies
1 Brownie Mix (and ingredients according to package)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 can cream cheese frosting or make your own
Wilton Leaf Green food coloring
Mint extract, optional (few drops)
1-2 cups of Andies Mint Chips (baking aisle)
1) Mix brownies according to package.
2) Stir in chocolate chips.
3) Bake according to package.
4) When done, cool.
5) While cooling make frosting.
6) Make your own or use the can frosting. Use the Wilton food coloring to dye the frosting. You only need about 1 glob of coloring. Use a toothpick to get the coloring into the frosting.
7) Once brownies are cool, frost and top with Andies Mints.
If you want to stay away from the food coloring, just lightly flavor the cream with a few drops of mint extract and skip the coloring. It will taste the same either way.